Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Quilter's Connection for Canadian Quilters.

Quilter's Connection Magazine is the only magazine for quilters in Canada. Hard to believe considering how many there are in the U.S. and elsewhere in the world. 

The Canadian quilting heritage is not as strong as our neighbors' south of the border, but we're working on it, eh!?



I will admit that even I had not heard about the magazine until I was contacted by Heather MacArthur, editor and owner of the magazine. The focus of the spring issue is centered on the Modern Quilting Movement and I was asked , as the co-founder and president of the Montreal Modern Quilt Guild,  if I would agree to do an interview. Of course I would! 

While I have been published before, this is the first time that I had a chance to talk about how quilting entered my life and how I made the transition into modern quilting. I got a four page spread in the magazine with pictures of some of my favorite quilts.

I am happy to see that the modern quilting movement is gaining recognition in Canada. Quilters are still wanting to know more about what defines a modern quilt and I can see that work is being done in that regards. 

If you want to know more about modern quilting, visit The Modern Quilt Guild Website.
As I mention in my article, I have been invited by several guilds in the last year to speak about modern quilting. If your guild is interested in learning more about it, please contact me for details. I am also available to give workshops based on the Modern/Liberated Style of Quilting. Visit my workshops page for details and contact me about fees and availability (cinzia-ibc@videotron.ca).
I will also be teaching at Quebec's Biannual Quilt Show, Salon CQQ, from May 29th-31st.
If you live in the Montreal Area and want to be join the Montreal Modern Quilt Guild, we would be happy to welcome you to our next meeting. Your first visit is free! Our next meeting will be held on May 1st.

6 comments:

  1. This is great Cinzia! Congratulations. I'll make sure to go buy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow - that is amazing Cinzia! What a great ambassador you are for the MMQG. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo Cinzia! Ton enthousiasme est tellement contagieux ... c'est super, continue. Moi aussi je vais me procurer ce numéro.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I will look for this magazine in the US. I would love to read more about you and your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Looks like a great article.

    ReplyDelete