Thursday, February 27, 2014

Busy, busy...

I haven't been blogging much lately. In fact, I've been trying to stay away from the computer altogether. It's hard to do, as there is always so much inspiration to be found all over Blogland and emails to keep up with.

My focus has been on teaching and being more productive in the studio. 

I have made 2 new sets of projects that I am teaching at Courtepointe Claire.

The first is a QAYG Sew-On-The-Go set:












A carrying bag for ruler and cutting mat










A boxy ouch for notions/tools














And a Chatelaine for all your hand sewing needs. I've been wanting to make one of these forever. 



It's my favorite of all three projects. Especially the little sac for the thimble!






The Sew-on-the-go project was also my entry for the Modern Quilt Guild's Riley Blake Challenge.  


The second class sample  is a sewing machine cover and thread catcher. 

The sewing machine cover features QAYG chevrons. 
And I love this little thread catcher with a little loop to hold a small pair of scissors! 

At next month's meeting for the Montreal Modern Quilt Guild, we will be having a thread catcher swap, so someone will be getting the same one but in different fabrics!

I also just finished hand quilting and binding this large quilt, which I have submitted to VQF and the Salon CQQ this spring. 

It is also my entry for our guild's Modern Traditionalism Challenge. Mine is a modern interpretation of the Double Wedding Ring Pattern.  I'll share the process pictures and details of this quilt in a future post. 

I also made an apron for my sister for her birthday. I finished on the day of her birthday and forgot to take a picture. But it looks like this, in different fabrics:

It's my original design and you can buy the pattern at Courtepointe Claire.



Finally, I have been working on a secret project that I can't share with you just now. 
I am a test quilter for a  book that is due to come out next year. A very exciting project! 

There are also other small projects that I am working on that I will be sharing with you shortly. 

So you see I have been spending many, many hours in the studio. And I am loving it!










1 comment:

  1. Wow! You have your hands full. Congrats on all your new and exciting projects. Btw, I am in love with your carrying case...

    ReplyDelete