Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sew Gifts! (Updated)



This post has been updated: 
About a year ago today, I was asked by the publishers at Martingale to contribute some project ideas for a new book. I was thrilled when they accepted two of my projects!

Sew Gifts! is a book filed with lots of little projects that would make great gifts for friends and family. 
Martingale - Sew Gifts! (Print version + eBook bundle)


My first project is a Card and Key wallet. I designed it so that it can hold just a few essentials when shopping or running errands. It has a compartment for store credit cards/bus pass, a loop for a key ring and a zippered money compartment. The whole thing fits neatly in your pocket for those times when you don't want to carry a purse. 


                                  Martingale - Sew Gifts! (Print version + eBook bundle)
The second project is a Sewing Kit in a Jar.  The jars are just big enough to hold sewing necessities with a pincushion right on the lid. They make great gifts for the budding young sewist!

                               Martingale - Sew Gifts! (Print version + eBook bundle)
 Martingale is offering a free copy of the Ebook version of Sew Gifts! to one of my readers. Just leave a comment here and tell me what you like most about making or receiving handmade gifts! I will pick a winner on Sunday Oct. 20, by 12pm eastern time.  

If you would like to read more about the book, you can hop on over to Martingale Blog where you'll also see pictures of all the great projects.  And find out how you can have another chance to win a copy of the Sew Gifts! eBook! 


12 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I want to make both of your little projects! Just in time for holiday gifting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic projects Cinzia! What I like most about receiving handmade gifts is all the time took to make the project ... just for me!
    francine.benoit@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handmade gifts are and will always be treasured. We live in a world of standardized products so receiving something that's handmade, that is unique, is a true privilege.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making gifts -- I choose fabrics and designs that I think will specially appeal to the recipient, which of course is fun. But I also spend time while making the gift thinking about that individual, about how we met, or the course of our relationship. Sometimes I'm also praying for specific needs or crises they're facing. Over the years, I've learned that it's wise to limit the handmade gifts to people I know specifically enjoy home-crafted things and who recognize that there is time and money invested -- homemade is not "cheaper".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love homemade gifts they are unique to the persons talents and to me sharing your gift of creativity is something I cherrish always that it is one of a kind as each piece carries its own look and to me makes it one of a kind.....I would so love to win one of your pieces!.....Thanks for the giveaway!.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love receive hand made gifts due to it makes me feel more special that someone took the time to make something just for me. I love making things also so I love for that person to explain how they were able to make this special gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Homemade gifts is like giving a little bit of yourself to those you like and love. It's another way of saying "your special".

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love both the ideas. We love homemade gifts at our house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to have to get this book. You have some great patterns in here. Congratulations, very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Cinzia!
    You always have great ideas! No wonder you are always featured in magazines and books!
    I know a few people that could use that card & key waller.... so I need the book! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like handmade gifts for a couple of reasons--they are one of a kind, can be personalized for the individual and affordable which helps with a tight budget since my disability retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love giving a handmade gift because I think of the recipient the entire time I am making the gift and it just feels right!

    ReplyDelete